THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN MY THESIS IF i WAS DOIN MY MASTERS
but now that i am not; I will keep it short.
ZAIN should either get used to lagging way behind the market leader [Safaricom] or sell half its shares to an ex-government FAT-CAT.
Am writing this beecause am totally tired of your lack of vision, commitment to this coutry and your copy-pasting dverts from netherland to kenyan billboards. Please! Even the billboards deserve better adverts. I think the main issue has to do with the following. The marketing manager of Zain Kenya reports to a guy somwhere in kuwait who cannot tell kenya away from Uganda. He thinks that all of africa will respond to an advert with clear blue skies and a pretty girl and nothing else.
Yes I said it. Zain is failing miseerably. That is not in contentention. But my interest is more into why Zain is failing. her eis my wrap up:
- Zain has an exclusively Indian distribution base
- Zain is for Indians
- Zain adverts suck
- Zain is not kenyan. neither does it try to make up for that fact
- Zain is not run by people looking to make money – Zain is run by people with money to spend
- Zain doesnt care
- Zain can continue operating even if it makes losses for the next 20 years
- Zain advertising . . . kenyans deserve much much better
- Zain does not have any serious cORPORATE sOCIAL rESPONSIBILITY IN kENYA
- Sameer is failing; Zain will Fail
Why sell to a government FAT-CAT?
- The fat-cat will bring his peopl to board the Zain bus
- the fat-cat has his people – who got him to parliament in the first place
- the fat cat can get gocernment biashara
- the fat cat will bring other fat cats to zain
- the other fat cats will bring their people to Zain
- The fat cat will genereat publicity for zain through fre news reports [Today at state house nairobi; the president entertained a delegation from fat-land who were led by their leader . . the fat cat]
- the fat cat cann fight KRA
- the fat cat does not need to be paid – he is already fat!